Thursday, September 23, 2010

Excel

I like how we used the excel spreadsheets. I had fun doing the different spreadsheets in class. Practice like this will help teachers with the program. Many beginning teachers don’t like excel so they tend avoid it. Excel can be difficult and confusing but showing your students that your willing to work with a program that you have issues with; will show them that working with difficult subjects can be hard but without trying you can’t win.
 I have never been confident in excel unless I was using it all the time. I believe that excel spreadsheet are important and useful for educators to use. If I can master excel I will use it in the classroom. I would make worksheets, graphing charts, and keep a separate grade sheet just in case the schools program breaks down. I can also use the spreadsheet on my smart board to do interactive activities with my class.
Spreadsheets are used to organize information. I think spreadsheets are better than calculators are because you can see what you are doing and label everything. Calculators just use numbers and functions, spreadsheet incorporate everything. The 3 primary functions of spreadsheet are the ones I think of when I work on excel. I would like to add worksheets, study guides, and matching charts to those lists.


Jonassen, D. Howland, J. Marra, R. M. Crismond, D. (2008). Maeningful Learning With Technology. Upper Saddle River, NJ. Merrill Prentice Hill.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Keely, I enjoyed reading your blog blog and I agree that using spreadsheets and Excel in the class room will make our job as a teacher more efficient. I hope to continue using Excel and using it in the class room and for multipurpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excel can be very difficult for teachers who haven't used excel. I think once you are comfortable using it, it becomes very easy and quick to use. It really helps things not be so time consuming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you keely, but you will get the hang of using excel more. That was something that I never thought of in using excel as a in class activity tool. I just might have to try that one out for myself

    ReplyDelete