Thursday, September 9, 2010

Week 2 BLOG

     This is my first time using a blog, and I really don’t have an opinion about them. I’ve never really read anyone’s blog. Now that I have this one it will probably be the only time that I use it. I believe blogs are great for people that have a voice and want to share their beliefs. I do think some people use blogs for the wrong reasons especially students. Some students use blogs for cyber bullying and other things. I do believe that internet things like blogs etc. need two be monitored.
     For me personally I plan on using technology in the classroom but I don’t think blogs would be my first choice to use. If I had no choice then I would use it. I would use the blog for the first 10 min of class, something to get the students thinking a quote, journal topic, or brain teaser. I could use it right before class ends and leave my students with a positive quote or saying to brighten they’re day. Another way I can use the blog is by emailing the parents the blog website and keep them updated on homework, classroom behavior, and important things they should be aware about.
    I understand some people could think that blogs are a waste of time. Blogs can be time consuming for the teacher. Teachers already have so much on their plate regarding teaching, tests, grading and other stuff, now they have to write blogs everyday about their class or something of that nature. I could see some teachers not doing it or not putting enough effort into it. Plus to this day not all families have computers or internet access so a blog wouldn’t be beneficial for them.
     As a teacher I would want my students to be creative in everything that they do. I would like to use the wiki’s as a weekly journal. I’d have a page and a journal topic for that week and each student will comment of the wiki page. I personally don’t use wikipeadea as a source and I don’t want my students to use it because anyone can go on there and change the information on the website.






      Jonasse D., Howland J., Marra R. M., & Crismond D. (2008). Meaningful Learning with Technology. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall.

1 comment:

  1. Keely,

    Your idea of using blogs before and after class is very awesome! :)

    CK

    ReplyDelete