Monday, September 13, 2010

Inspiration Program

   I really like this inspiration program. I think investing in this program for a classroom will be great and maybe even having a smart board that way students can get interactive with it. I like that is looks easy to use and this technology would be great to have in the classroom. I would say it is better than Microsoft’s PowerPoint program. But our students should be able to work both programs. This program can be beneficial to students and teachers. As a future science teacher, I can see myself using this for food webs, the animal kingdom, body systems, just anything. This program can be great for study guides for the students.


   I think the web action on the inspiration program is the best way of writing and organizing thoughts. The web will help the students get visual look at what they doing and how much information they have on the topic. Having a limited teaching time, I would have two writing projects. One due during the middle of the first half and then at the end that way the student will have time to revise the paper many times. During the semester, I can revise and comment on the student’s paper through Microsoft word with comment boxes on where they can improve or change things. When teaching a new skill or topic, I like to pick one that I don’t know about. That way the I know which parts of the skill can be difficult to understand. The students and I are learning something new and I can experience the process with them.


   Writing is something that we will always have to do. Technology has made it more efficient and easy for students to organize their thoughts and find information. I know my future students will benefit from this. By the time I graduate there will probably be something newer to help students with writing. These programs are beneficial to students and when I think about when students didn’t have this technology writing was a lot harder.



Jonassen, D. Howland, J. Marra, R. M. Crismond, D. (2008). Maeningful Learning With Technology. Upper Saddle River, NJ. Merrill Prentice Hill.


Inspiration Software. (2010). Inspiration Videos and Webcasts for Using Visual Learning In Your Classroom. http://www.inspiration.com/videos/Inspiration

4 comments:

  1. Keely I agree with you about limited time in the classroom. The inspiration program would assist in faster learning. The only thing is overcoming the obstacle of learning something new. I also agree that technology is invented to make things better. I have enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about the teacher going in to revise and edit the students work, I thought of the students doing peer editing, but that is a great way to use this program. I do think this is an excellent program for science teachers, especially when teaching methods like what you have stated above like food webs and animal kingdoms. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about the program, it's something that would be helpful. Great minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have some very cool idea's for your students when you become a teacher.

    ReplyDelete