Thursday, October 14, 2010

Power Points

   I like using the writing activities with technology. I really like the map concept. Having the students working on the computer getting ideas for their research project will get them excited about it. It would be nice to have my students use the smart board for their research paper; but that would take up too much class time. I could also have my class use the smart board to give comments on anonymous papers. By using the clickers with the smart board we could read a paper aloud and have the students give anonymous feedback on the paper.

   The one thing that power points do is distract people. When students make their power point they put too much animation, or non-relevant information that the audience stops listening and reading to the presentation. I do believe I can follow the pitfalls and I have done some of these things. But now I know what can do to better my power point presentation.

   Power points are a great way of getting your point across and informing your audience of a topic. They are fun to do and create. Out of all the Microsoft programs power points are the best thing that they created. I think my students will have fun doing power points presentations.

Jonassen, David, Howland, Jane, Marra, Rose M., Crismond, David. (2008). Supporting
Writing With Technology, Meaningful Learning With Technology, pp. 62-79, Columbus,
OH: Pearson Prentice Hall

1 comment:

  1. Like I, you choose concept maps as well. We both have the same ideas regarding kepping the students involved with using computers. The smart board is another good one.

    ReplyDelete